Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Your thoughts on the bailout?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Your thoughts on the bailout?

    Reports that it may not go through. Does it hurt? Would it help? Thoughts/opinions?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member
    Your thoughts on the bailout?


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    Helps now, hurts the younger generation and tax payers many years from now.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    Ive lost a few $$ in my 401k last few months.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    I think it's a complete waste of our tax dollars as well as the taxes of several generations to come. But of course, by then, the US will be a non-player. Why is it my responsibility to help bail out a bunch of thieves and incompetents? I say we go to DC, drag the whole lot out and tar and feather them. The only thing to save us now is complete revolution.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's a complete waste of our tax dollars as well as the taxes of several generations to come. But of course, by then, the US will be a non-player. Why is it my responsibility to help bail out a bunch of thieves and incompetents? </div></div>




    My thoughts exactly.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    That AH that ran Freddie escaped with $90 mil, $100,000 per month retirement, plus numerous other perks. He should have his head slammed under the train.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    But my question is this: what do we peons do to try and prepare a future for our kids? Hoard food? Stockpile weapons? It honestly scares me.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    I was thinking the same thing. i know I'll prolly have to end up working until the day I die just to support myself and my wife. By the time my kids get into the workforce, Id hate to see the economy and the price of living in the U.S.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    I think in the long run it comes out as a wash. We are not just dumping $700 billion in all at once. What we are doing is keeping it afloat now and with the interest gained in the future, strengthening our dollar, the money will be returned back to the government. Now I am not talking anytime soon, probably 20-30 years down the road. I do think it was better bail out, as much as I generally hate stuff like this, than just letting it fold all together.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Your thoughts on the bailout?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking the same thing. i know I'll prolly have to end up working until the day I die just to support myself and my wife. By the time my kids get into the workforce, Id hate to see the economy and the price of living in the U.S. </div></div>

    Yeah, I don't look to retire and, in fact, don't really want to. But I want my kids to have the same opportunities I've had, and that likely ain't gonna happen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •